The International Journal of Education and National Development (IJEND) (ISSN: 3027-0626) is a scholarly publication dedicated to exploring the intersection between education and national development. The journal aims to provide a platform for researchers, educators, policymakers, and practitioners to contribute to the understanding of the role of education in fostering socio-economic progress, human capital development, and sustainable development at the national level.
IJEND welcomes original research articles, literature reviews, theoretical frameworks, case studies, and policy analyses that examine various dimensions of education and its relationship to national development. The journal encourages interdisciplinary approaches that draw from fields such as education, sociology, economics, political science, public policy, and other related disciplines.
The scope of IJEND includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Education Policy and Planning: Research on education policies, reforms, and strategies aimed at promoting national development objectives, including issues related to access, equity, quality, and inclusivity in education systems.
- Curriculum Development and Innovation: Studies exploring curriculum design, pedagogical approaches, and innovative educational practices that contribute to the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies needed for national development.
- Education and Economic Development: Analysis of the relationship between education and economic growth, productivity, labor market outcomes, entrepreneurship, and the role of education in fostering innovation and technological advancement.
- Education and Social Development: Research on the social impact of education, including its role in social mobility, poverty reduction, social cohesion, gender equality, and the promotion of inclusive societies.
- Education and Sustainable Development: Examination of how education can contribute to sustainable development goals, environmental awareness, climate change education, and the cultivation of responsible citizenship.
- Education and Governance: Studies exploring the role of education in promoting democratic values, civic engagement, good governance, and participatory decision-making processes at the national level.
IJEND seeks to facilitate scholarly dialogue, critical analysis, and evidence-based research that can inform educational policies, practices, and interventions aimed at promoting national development. By providing a platform for the dissemination of high-quality research, the journal aims to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field and the promotion of education systems that effectively support national development goals.