AJESD welcomes original research articles, reviews, case studies, policy analyses, and theoretical frameworks in a wide range of topics related to environment and sustainability in Africa. The journal encourages multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches that integrate natural sciences, social sciences, and other relevant disciplines to address complex environmental and development issues.
The scope of AJESD includes, but is not limited to, the following thematic areas:
- Environmental Conservation and Management: Research on biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, ecosystem services, environmental governance, and the preservation of fragile ecosystems in Africa.
- Sustainable Development Practices: Studies focusing on sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, waste management, water resources management, climate change adaptation, and mitigation strategies within the African context.
- Environmental Policy and Governance: Analyses of environmental policies, legal frameworks, institutional arrangements, and governance mechanisms related to sustainable development and environmental protection in African countries.
- Environmental Economics and Sustainable Business: Research examining the economic aspects of environmental management, sustainable business practices, green entrepreneurship, and the role of markets and incentives in promoting sustainability in Africa.
- Socio-Environmental Systems: Studies exploring the complex interactions between society and the environment, including social and cultural dimensions of sustainability, community-based natural resource management, and sustainable livelihoods in African contexts.
AJESD aims to promote evidence-based research and foster critical dialogue on environmental and sustainable development issues in Africa. The journal seeks to contribute to policy formulation, inform decision-making processes, and offer practical solutions to address the environmental challenges faced by African countries.
By providing a platform for scholarly exchange and knowledge sharing, the African Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development strives to facilitate collaboration among researchers, policymakers, and practitioners, ultimately fostering sustainable development practices that safeguard Africa's natural resources, promote social well-being, and ensure a resilient future for the continent.